How to place your order:
Our business will be closed for five weeks this summer from June 20 to July 26. We will be unable to take telephone calls or acknowledge orders during this period. We re-open for business as usual on Monday, July 29.
If you have a question or wish to place an order, please send an email. If it's an order, we will reserve your place in our shipping schedule in the sequence that we receive them. We will contact you to answer any questions, to supply quotations and to confirm any orders when we re-open.
We expect to ship by June 20 those orders already confirmed. New orders placed in June may not be shipped until after we re-open at the end of July. We are sorry for any incovenience that our temporary closure may cause.
-Alan D. Roberts
Please send your order, your enquiry or your request for a quote to us
- by email email@example.com, or
- by calling toll-free: 1-888-663-6470 (Local: 778-242-5240) Mon. to Fri., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time, or
- by fax 1-778-340-5241, or
- by regular post: Solo School Products, 2710 Newmarket Drive, North Vancouver, BC, V7R 2T4, Canada
U.S. orders welcome, too!
- Solo Exam Dividers arrive duty-free from our workshops in Vancouver, Canada under the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- Customs brokerage fees are included in the shipping charge.
- You can pay in U.S. dollars using your credit card or you can send a purchase order and pay by invoice: avoid currency conversion fees.
- We do not charge any taxes to our U.S. customers but, unless your organization is tax-exempt, you may be charged sales tax by your state or county. These charges would be the responsibility of the buyer.
- When we ship by U.P.S. or FedEx, customs clearance requires your organization's federal EIN (Employer Identification Number). Your accountant or bookkeeper will have that information. If the order is for an individual, they will need your SSN.
NEW: Box-Full of Exam Dividers (No Stand):
While our Standard Set of 30 screens and 30 blocks in a wooden stand is ideal for classroom testing, customers testing in large-room settings (e.g. examination halls) may prefer to buy just the screens and blocks without the stand. The screens and blocks can be kept in their sturdy, double-walled shipping box when not in use.
- A box-full includes 60 screens and 62 interlocking blocks.
- Choose from the same screen color options as shown below for sets.
- A box-full is priced at US$495.00 (only $8.25 per screen/block pair).
- A box-full ships for the same charge as one Standard Set of 30 dividers. (see Shipping Charges below).
Exam Divider Sets:
- All sets include 30 screens, 30 interlocking blocks and a stand.
- All sets are priced at US$279.95 each or US$264.95 each for 4 sets or more.
- Canadian prices are currently the same as U.S. prices as the two currencies are close to parity.
Solo Standard-Color Sets:
Choose 30 screens from any combination of our standard colors: red, yellow, light blue, dark blue, gray or white. Thirty blocks and a stand are included. These colors are usually in stock and ready to ship.
Special Order Colors:
Other than the standard colors shown at left, black, brown, green, ivory, navy blue and orange, are also available. These sets are the same price but there may be some delay in shipping as we do not normally stock these colors. We order them from our suppliers as needed. Sets containing non-standard colors usually ship within five business days.
- "The Silver/Gray Set": 30 screens in silver/gray for a business-like, conservative appearance. Our most popular color.
- "The Primary Color Set": Ten screens each of red, light blue and yellow. Customers report that it is a bright and cheerful combination. Our second most popular set.
- "The Dark Blue Set": 30 screens in a rich blue. Reported to be a calming color. Our third most-popular set.
- "The Red, White and Blue Set": Ten screens each of red, white and dark blue.
- "The White Set": 30 screens in white: the best color for reflecting ambient light onto students' papers but may need more frequent cleaning than other colors.
- School or Business Colors: Choose a combination of screen colors to match those of your organization.
- Match Classroom Decor: Choose colors to complement the colors of your classroom.
- Outfitting the whole department? How about choosing a unique color for each room? After being taken away for use in a big test (PSAT, IB or AP tests) they'll be easily sent back to their "home room."
Solo Exam Dividers Sets consist of three parts: the screens, the blocks and the stand. Each can be ordered separately.
Call or email for shipping charges but a package of ten screens and ten blocks (with no stand) ships for about half of the "per set" charges listed in the next section. The minimum order of screens or blocks is five.
US$9.00 each. (Ten or more: US$8.00 each.)
US$3.50 each. (Ten or more: US$3.00 each.)
US$95.00 each (Four or more: US$85.00 each.)
Shipping Charges (Per Set)
Each set of Solo Exam Dividers is shipped in a sturdy, double-walled corrugated box. The package is big (69.5 cm x 56.5 cm x 30.0 cm or about 4.2 cubic feet or 118 L) and heavy (about 40 lb. or 18 kg). For this reason, shipping charges are a significant part of the cost of acquiring Solo Exam Divider sets. We do not have a handling charge or a charge for the preparation of any customs documents. Our shipping charges listed below are simply our carriers' charges to us for shipping estimated to the nearest dollar.
Our usual carriers are Canada Post, U.P.S. and FedEx. We find that Canada Post is most economical for shipments of one or two sets. U.P.S. and FedEx are usually less expensive for three sets or more. We can reduce the shipping charges by 10% to 20% from the shipping charges listed below for U.P.S. or FedEx shipments of three or more sets.
Your total cost is the product price + shipping charges (+ taxes for Canadian orders -we cannot charge taxes to our U.S. customers.) There are no other charges.
Prices quoted below for shipping are for surface (ground) shipments.
United States: SHIPPING CHARGES INCLUDE THE CUSTOMS CLEARANCE FEE. Estimated shipping time for all states is 4 to 7 business days. Shipments to the U.S. arrive DUTY-FREE under N.A.F.T.A..
- WA, MT, ND, OR, ID, WY, SD, MN: US$69
- NV, UT, CO, NE, IA, WI, CA, AZ, NM, KS: US$76
- TX, OK, AR, MO, IL, IN, MI: US$84
- PA, WV, OH, KY, TN, GA, AL, MS, LA: US$90
- FL, SC, NC, VA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, AK, HI: US$91
Canada: (Shipping charges are not organized by province but by distance from Vancouver and by distance from major highway and rail routes. For the exact shipping charge and for shipments to remote communities, please call us. Federal taxes for your province (G.S.T. or H.S.T.) must be added to these shipping prices.)
- Greater Vancouver, BC area: CA$ 26 (1 business day)
- Other BC Locations: CA$28 to CA$36 (1 to 3 business days)
- Alberta and Saskatchewan: CA$36 to CA$43 (2 to 3 business days)
- Manitoba and Ontario (Major Centres): CA$46 (3 to 4 business days)
- Quebec and Atlantic Canada (Major Centres): CA$49 (5 business days)
- Far North: Please call for rates. (5 to 13 business days)
Brokerage is included in the postal shipping charges listed below but you may be charged
duty and tax (unless your organization is tax-exempt). These charges would be out of our control and would be
the responsibility of the buyer. If you let us know your tax exemption number when
ordering, we will include it in the customs documents.
Overseas surface shipments require 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Air freight shipments vary between three and ten business days, depending on your distance from major centres. We can give you an estimated shipping time when you contact us.
Because of the shipping costs involved, we do not offer free return shipping with our Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. Purchases outside the U.S. or Canada require payment before shipping (e.g. by credit card).
Countries accepting "oversize" parcels by their post office: (Oversize means that the girth of the package
added to the length of the package exceeds 2 metres. The figure for our package is 2.36 m.)
Prices are listed in Canadian dollars.
- United Kingdom, Ireland and Western Europe: Surface: $165; Air Freight: $302
- New Zealand: Surface: $170; Air Freight: $349
- Singapore and Hong Kong: Surface: $180; Air Freight: $330
- The Philippines: Air Freight: $420
- Mexico: Surface: $150; Air Freight: $280
- Chile, Peru, Columbia, Venezuela: Surface: $190; Air Freight: $395
- China: Surface: $190; Air Freight: $360
Countries NOT accepting "oversize" parcels by their post office (shipped by Canada Post/FedEx):
- Australia: Air Freight: $592 (see *Note below)
- South Africa: Air Freight: $1233 (!)
- Argentina, Brazil: Air Freight: $1024 (!)
*Note: We can squeeze 30 screens and 30 blocks without the stand into a package that just squeaks under the size limit. You can knock together your own stand from wood or make one from corrugated paper. Such a package ships by surface to Australia for CA$150 (6 weeks) or by airmail for CA$290 (3 to 6 days). Our charge is CA$248 for a set of 30 dividers without the stand.
If your country is not listed above, please contact us for shipping charges.